This Friday, July 31st, is the last day to get tickets at their advance purchase price for this year’s 33rd Annual Sunoco North/South 100 presented by Lucas Oil. Ticket and reserved seat sales are on an all time record pace. Because of this, the only way to guarantee yourself a seat is to purchase a reserved seat in advance. All seats in sections A-J on the frontstretch are reserved. On the backstretch, in sections P-Z, seats in rows 1-10 are open seating and all seats in rows 11 and up are reserved. For a seating chart, click HERE. To order seats or tickets, call the track office at (859)493-0034. We will be taking orders late into the day on Friday, so if you get a busy signal, please keep trying.
Below you will find useful; event information such as times, prices and event policies.
|| Florence Speedway 2015 Sponsors
|We at Florence Speedway would like to thank our 2015 Season Sponsors. If you are interested in becoming a sponsor, please check out the information at the bottom of this email. Our Sponsors include: Bazell Race Fuels, Best Way Disposal, Bimbo Bakeries, Dirtondirt.com, Hilton Cincinnati Airport, Hoosier Racing Tires, J-Mar Concrete, Kentucky Office of Highway Safety reminding you to Drive Sober or Get Pulled Over, King’s Homes of Carrollton, L&M Performance, Lykins Companies, Lucas Oil, National Corvette Museum, Northern Kentucky Urban Forestry Council and kyroots.org, Paramount Staffing, Phoenix Comfort Systems, Quaker Steak and Lube, River Metals Recycling, SMX Staff Management, Snappy Tomato Pizza, Studio 25 Party Hall Rental, Sunoco Race Fuels, Time Auto Sales, Valvoline, Webb Excavating
|Please support the Sponsors that support Florence Speedway and make sure to tell them where you saw their ad!
| Popular Format Returns in 2015
|2014 saw a major format change to the Sunoco Race Fuels North/South 100 presented by Lucas Oil. At the 2014 North/South 100, we eliminated qualifying and moved to a random draw/passing points system to line up the weekend’s races. The change was a tremendous success, and is back in place for 2015. How the event will work is, after drawing a number to determine starting order, drivers will compete in two sets of heat races on Friday. Their finishing order, combined with bonus points for passing cars, will be used to line up Saturday’s B Mains and Feature. Also on Saturday, will be two dashes to determine the North/South 100’s pole sitter and outside pole sitter, and a 30 lap $2,500 Non-Qualifiers race for those who do not transfer to the feature.To see complete event info, including the format, times, and purses, check out the North/South 100 info page HERE.
|Event specific policies in place for this year’s race
|There are two policies are in place for the event that all fans should be aware of prior to attending the race.
- No coolers of any kind will be allowed in any grandstand areas.
- No chairs or cushions with seat backs will be allowed in any grandstand areas.
These policies are in place due to limited space in the grandstand areas and are to increase the ease of access in and out of the grandstands for all race fans.
|NEW Host Hotel for North/South 100 weekend!
|We are excited to announce that Florence Speedway has upgraded to the Hilton! The Hilton Cincinnati Airport is now the Official Host Hotel of Florence Speedway and the 33rd Annual Sunoco North/South 100 presented by Lucas Oil. The hotel will be offering a reduced rate for Florence Speedway customers for the North/South 100 weekend. The Hilton Cincinnati Airport, is conveniently located 15 minutes away from the track at the Turfway Exit(182) off of I-75/71 and is situated close to multiple restaurants, shopping, and a short drive from the casinos and the Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky Airport. Rooms for the North/South weekend are expected to sell out in 2015, so it is recommended that you book soon. To book rooms, call the hotel at (859) 371-4400 and ask for the Florence Speedway rate or click HERE to book online.
|Camping is allowed at the track free of charge during the North/South week and weekend. No hookups are available. The camping areas will be marked and site maps with the camping areas marked will be posted at the track. You can begin marking camping spots on Saturday August 1st at 12 PM and at any time during the week after that. All camping spots are first come first served.
|Florence Speedway is located in Northern Kentucky just off of Interstates 71 and 75. The track is approximately 25 miles South of Cincinnati, Ohio.Travel Routes:
This year, the North/South 100 weekend coincides with the annual 127 Yard Sale. For those unfamiliar with this, the 127 yard sale is a collection of yard sales that line the sides of the road the entire length of route 127. Florence Speedway sits on route 127 as, through the area, it follows the same path as US 42. During the days of the yard sale, cars will line both sides of the road, including parking on the edge and even most of the way on the road in spots. People will walk between cars, down the road, and even in front of oncoming traffic. It is recommended that while traveling down the road, you use extreme caution. We cannot stress this enough as cars will stop in the middle of the road, people will walk right out in front of you, and cars will pull out on the road in front of you. On a normal 127 yard sale day, it can easily take 30+ minutes to travel the nine miles from I-75 to Florence Speedway. In anticipation of this, we are suggesting some alternate routes to the track:
For those using online map sites, the track’s physical address is 12234 US 42, Walton, KY 41094.
- FROM THE NORTH(I-75 AND I-71):
- Take exit 180(Florence/Union/US 42) off I-75/71. Go Right (West) on US 42. Follow US 42 9 miles to the track on the left.(Note: this is the normal route and will take you through the bulk of the 127 yard sale.)
- Alternate Route: Take exit 175(Richwood/KY 338). Go Right on KY 338. Follow KY 338 approx 5 miles to US 42. Go Left onUS 42. Follow US 42 .5 – 1 mile to the track on the left.
- FROM THE SOUTH(I-75):
- Take exit 175(Richwood/KY 338). Go Left on KY 338. Follow KY 338 approx 5 miles to US 42. Go Left on US 42. Follow US 42 approx .5 – 1 mile to the track on the left.
- Alternate Route: Take exit 171(Walton). Go Left off the exit. At the second light (KY 1292/Beaver Road) go Right. Follow KY 1292/Beaver Road approx 5 miles to US 42. Go Left on US 42. Follow US 42 .3 of a mile to the track on the Left. (Note: KY 1292 is a tight two-lane road and is not recommended for high profile vehicles.)
- FROM THE SOUTH(I-71):
- Follow I-71 through the I-75 merge. Take I-75 exit 175(Richwood/KY 338). Go Left on KY 338. Follow KY 338 approx 5 miles to US 42. Go Left on US 42. Follow US 42 approx .5 – 1 mile to the track on the left.
- Alternate Route: Take exit 72(Verona/KY 14). Go Left on KY 14. Follow KY 14 for approx 2.5 miles to US 42. Go Right on US 42 approx 2.5 miles to the track on the Right. (Note: KY 14 is a tight, winding road with a very steep slope. It is not recommended for motorhomes or those pulling trailers.)
|Date of Event: Thursday, Friday, and Saturday, August 6th-7th-8thTimes:
Note: All times are approximate and may be adjusted due to weather, attendance, or management’s discretion.
- Pit Gate Opens: 3pm
- Main and Back Gates: 5:30 pm
- Hot Laps Start: 6:30pm
- Racing Starts: 7:30pm
- Pit Gate Opens: 3pm
- Main and Back Gates: 3pm
- National Dirt Late Model Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony: 4:30 PM
- Racing Starts: 7:30 pm
|Reserved seats: $2 per seatThursday:
- Pit Gate: $15
- General Admission: Free
- Pit Gate: $35
- General Admission: $25
- Kids(6-11): $5
- Pit Gate: $45
- General Admission: $35
- Kids(6-11): $8
- Pit Gate: $70
- General Admission: $55
- Kids(6-11): $10
Advanced Sale Two-Day Passes:(By July 31st)
- Pit Gate: $65
- General Admission: $50
Late Models will compete in two sets of heat races on Friday determined by a random draw. Each driver’s finish in their two heat races, with Passing Points added in, will be combined and used to line up Saturday’s Feature, Dashes, and B Mains.Modifieds will run one set of heat races on Friday determined by a random draw. Each driver’s finish in their heat race, with Passing Points added in, will be used to line up Saturday’s Feature and Friday’s B Main.
Program for Divisions Competing:Thursday:
- Open Practice for Modifieds and Late Models
- Hot Laps
- Late Models: First set of Passing Point Heats
- Time Auto Sales UMP Modifieds: Passing Points Heats
- Late Models: Second set of Passing Point Heats
- Time Auto Sales UMP Modifieds: B Main
- Late Models: 20 lap B Mains
- Late Models: 6 lap Pole Dash
- Late Models: 6 lap Outside Pole Dash
- Time Auto Sales UMP Modifieds: $2,000 to win feature
- Late Models: 100 lap $50,000 to win 32nd Annual North/South 100
- Late Models: 30 lap $2,500 to win Non-qualifiers race
| Vendor Info
|We are currently not taking any more vendor reservations. Due to sponsor commitments, vending space is very limited this year. Those showing up without reservations will be turned away.