The 2020 North/South 100 is on!
We’ve been receiving many questions about the North/South 100 and our plans for the event this year. The race is still on schedule, with the Ralph Latham Memorial on Wednesday August 12th, the Sunoco Race Fuels North/South Shootout presented by Lucas Oil on Thursday August 13th, and the Sunoco Race Fuels North/South 100 presented by Lucas Oil on Friday and Saturday August 14th-15th. While the race is still proceeding, there will be changes that we will have to make to comply with rules put out by the state. The biggest one is that we are expecting to be under a capacity restriction on our grandstand areas. We will also have to comply with other rules in place concerning social distancing, sanitation, employee safety, and other areas. Because of this, we will have to limit how many grandstand tickets we can sell for the event. Fortunately, the guidelines the state is approving for other events and venues allows us to use the areas of our pit area, infield, and other open areas for additional capacity. This will allow us to sell additional pit/infield passes to those who cannot get grandstand passes.
Effective immediately, the following changes are being made:
• Online and phone sales will now be only for General Admission and Pit Passes. Also, to make sure those who want to attend the entire event have a chance to get tickets, we will only be selling 2 day, 3 day, and 4 day passes in advance. Saturday Only tickets will only be sold on Saturday August 15th, and only if we have not already sold our limit of tickets. Wednesday and Thursday’s events are separately ticketed and will be available for purchase.
• If you’ve already purchased tickets, and either have them or they are being held at Will Call, you do not need to do anything. Your tickets are good for the event.
• Due to spacing restrictions, we will not be selling any additional reserved seats. We are looking at the chart of seats already sold to determine what needs to be done to maintain spacing restrictions. We will contact seat holders individually if their seats are affected. Due to the volume of calls we expect the next two weeks, please do not call about the status of your seats unless you have been contacted.
• Pit passes will be available in advance and at the gate all days of the event. We have sufficient space in our pit and infield areas that we do not anticipate running out of pit passes. Pit passes are available to anyone. At this point, we do not know if we will be able to allow Pit Pass holders into the grandstand areas. That will depend on spacing guidelines at the time of the event, amount of general admission tickets sold, and may vary by day of the event. However, with the additional grandstands we are bringing in, we believe we will be able to allow those with Pit Passes in the grandstands. Additionally, due to the amount of people expected, there will be no Side by Sides, ATV’s, Golf Carts, or other motorized vehicles allowed in the infield other than a single ATV per team allowed in the hot pit while their car is on the track.
• For those holding rainchecks from the July 11th cancellation who are planning on using them at the North/South, it is recommended that you get your North/South tickets in advance. While you are probably safe using them for Wednesday or Thursday as we do not anticipate selling out those days, We feel that Saturday is likely to sell out. If we sell out of grandstand tickets, we will not be able to add additional tickets for those rain checks. At that point, your options would be to use them towards a pit pass, or get a refund for the raincheck at the gate. Due to the limited capacity and how close we are to the event, it is not recommended that you mail them in with the intention of using that refund to purchase North/South tickets. For more information on the raincheck/refund policy for the July 11th event, read the news post at florencespeedway.com
• Due to the ongoing situation, the 2020 Hall of Fame Ceremony is being postponed to 2021. With many inductees falling into the highest risk group, it has been decided that honoring them at the 2021 event is the better option. More information on the 2021 ceremony will be announced by the Hall of Fame Board.