Heat Race Challenge!
Sunoco Race Fuels and Florence Speedway are teaming up for a contingency program to reward drivers who race here weekly. The Sunoco Race Fuels Heat Race Challenge will reward drivers who run well in their heat races and run Sunoco Race Fuel products. The twist to this program is that where, in most cases, drivers in different divisions can't compete against each other, in the Sunoco Race Fuels Heat Race Challenge, the elligible drivers will be competing against each other! Thats right, the Late Models, Modifieds, and Pure Stocks are all competing for the same prize. At the end of the season, the top point earner will gain a $500 prize from Sunoco, and everyone in the top 10 will receive cash awards. Drivers wishing to participate, may register at the track, or by emailing email@example.com
- How the program works.
- All Late Model, Modified, and Pure Stock drivers are eligible for the program. All divisions will be competing against each other. Note, as the Hornets are required to run standard pump gas, they are inelligible for this program.
- Participation in this program is optional and does not have any bearing on regular championship points.
- The program will begin on the first points race of the season and will continue to the Season Championship race.
- Drivers are awarded points based on heat race finishes. Drivers will receive 5 points for winning a heat race, 4 points for a second place finish, 3 points for a third place finish, 2 points for a fourth place finish, and 1 point for a fifth place finish. No points will be given for finishing 6th or worse. For the purpose of this program, points will be awarded for actual finish order and will not be affected by passing points.
- Drivers wishing to participate, need to register for the program at the track pill draw window or online. This only needs to be done once.
- To be eligible, a driver must have a Sunoco Race Fuels decal clearly visible on both sides of their car.
- To be eligible, drivers must purchase a minimum of 5 gallons of Sunoco Race Fuel(gas or alcohol) at the track for each race night they compete.
- Drivers who do not purchase the required 5 gallons of Sunoco Race Fuel on a given week, will not receive any points for that week. Drivers have a one week grace period to make up the purchase and regain points lost this way.
- For an event to count towards the program, all heat races in all competing divisions must be completed. If a rainout occurs after the heat races are completed, the event will still count towards the program.
- To promote equity between divisions, certain events will be excluded. These are, the North/South 100, Ralph Latham Memorial, Spring 50, Fall 50, UMP Summernationals, and the AMS Modified specials. These events will not count towards the program for any division. If any other events need to be added to this list, they will be announced at the earliest possible time.
- At the track awards banquet, a point fund will be awarded to the top 10 in points for the program. The points fund is as follows: