2015 UMP Pure
Note: Drivers competing in the Pure Stock division on any given night may not compete in any other division at that event. Division to be ran is declared at pill draw and cannot be changed. This will be enforced on a per event basis only, meaning a driver may run in different divisions on separate weeks.
CHASSIS & BODY RULES:
- Cars must have minimum of 106'' wheelbase. No shortening of factory wheelbase. Rear wheel drive cars only.
- Uni- body cars must tie frames together with 2" box tubing, and roll cage must be welded to tubing added to frame.
- No fabricated X's or other bars are to be added to underside of frame. Stock cross member only.
- Steel body panels only. After-market body panels are allowed, but must match the original stock body. No homemade bodies. No fiberglass body panels or hoods. No skirting or body panels lower than stock. After market plastic nose and tail pieces allowed.
- Car body must match make of frame(GM to GM, Ford to Ford, Etc) and match model year. Cars must have full floor boards, and full fire walls in stock location. No fabricating of fire walls,. Patching of rust holes is mandatory.
- All chrome, glass and light fixtures must be removed inside and out on body of car. No mirrors allowed. Numbers must appear on both doors and roof of car.
- No frame changes, seat must be in stock location, and steering column must be stock length. At no time will there be exceptions to this rule to move driver back in the car, other than for size and safety of the driver
- All doors must be welded shut.
- Competition type 4 point cage mandatory with a minimum of 3 bars in driver’s door and 2 bars in passenger door. Door bars must be at least 1 ½” tubing. All roll cage joints must have gussets welded in, including door bars. Front hoop bar to protect radiator OK. Down bars from back of roll cage to rear of frame required.
- Three vertical bars are required in windshield area for driver protection. Five point shoulder harness, racing seat. Seat belts must be dated within three years. Window nets and Hans devices HIGHLY RECOMMENDED but not required.
- Fuel cell 24-gallon max in completely enclosed steel container (NO ALUMINUM ALLOWED). All cells will be mounted to a 1" x 1"(minimum) square tubing frame that is welded to frame supports. Minimum of 4 - 2" steel straps completely around cell.
- Stock bumpers front and rear. Aftermarket nose and tailpieces allowed. Fabricated bumpers may only be used if covered with an aftermarket nose and tailpiece. A hoop is allowed on front and rear bumper. Support braces to front hoop can be run to frame but must be within 1 in. proceeding no further back than the radiator. Rear hoop can be braced inside trunk to frame. Bumper ends may be cut, but must be capped.
- Brakes calipers must be factory design. Pedals and master cylinders may be factory or aftermarket design. No brake adjusters or shutoffs.
- Two driveshaft hoops are mandatory. Drive shafts must be painted white.
- Battery must be mounted securely in car in enclosed container.
- All weights must be painted white with car number must be clearly marked. Weight must be mounted with bolts to the frame or roll cage. Weights can not be mounted to top of roll cage or bumpers.
- All shocks and springs must stay in stock location. No jack bolts or jacking devices front or rear. NO heim ends.
- Stock A-frames only.
- Larger ball joints may be used for safety. Must remain in stock location.
- On leaf spring cars, stock spring and stock length spring shackles only, No adjustments on shackles and no lowering blocks.
- Nothing attached to rear end of car other than stock components.
TRANSMISSIONS & REAR-ENDS:
- Transmission must be stock for make and model of car. Ex. G.M. to G.M - Ford to Ford- Mopar to Mopar.
- Rear ends can be changed to Ford design for safety but must be mounted to body design springs and shocks and in stock location.
- Transmission must be automatic and must retain torque converter. No after-market power glide or TCI. No direct drive transmissions. Must start under own power. Must idle in all gears.
- Stock OEM trailing arms and brackets must be used. No lengthening or shortening of arms. Must remain in stock location. No tubular bars, bearings, or heim joints.
WHEELS & TIRES:
- Tires no larger than DOT P255-G60-15. No racing tires allowed. Tires must be street legal. No mud and snow tires allowed. No grooving or siping. Buffing of tires is allowed.
- Maximum 8 in. wheels. Oversized lug stud and lug nuts required on right side. 1 in. lug nuts required.
- Steel wheels only. Bead locks allowed on right side only.
- No aluminum heads or blocks. Motor must be stock for make and model of car.
- No dual line or double pump carbs allowed. One four barrel or two barrel Holley only. No aftermarket carbs. Max 1 inch spacer allowed. No alcohol. Linkage can be changed to use solid rod design for safety. Fuel line inlet must remain in factory position.
- All cars must fitted with a restrictor plate. Restrictor plates will be available at the track and only these restrictor plates will be allowed. Plates must be unmodified in any way. Any car or driver having a modified restrictor plate will be disqualified, suspended, and/or fined.
- Cast Iron intakes only. No aluminum intakes. With stock Quadrajet intake only, an additional adapter is allowed between intake and restrictor plate.
- Headers optional. Exhaust turndowns must be minimum 6 inch behind firewall, max 12 inch behind firewall.
- No roller cams. Roller rockers allowed(steel only). Ignition must be stock. No MSD or after-market distributor allowed.
- Motors must be in stock location. Steel motor mounts are allowed. #1 spark plug must remain in front of ball joint.
No moving of firewall.
- Mufflers are mandatory. 100 decibel maximum. Any car losing mufflers will forfeit points and prize monies for that night.
- Gasoline only; no electric fuel pumps.
- Weight rule 3200 lbs. with driver.
- NO batteries to be
located in the drivers’ compartment/cockpit.
- Full containment racing
seats are Strongly Recommended. All seats must be mounted properly and securely per the Technical Directors recommendations. The use of
Grade 5 or better hardware is also required to attach the seat to the chassis.
- The use of a 5, 6 or 7 point driver restraint system certified to SFI
Spec 16.1 or 16.5 is REQUIRED no exceptions. All driver restraint systems shall
not be in excess of 3 years of age past the date of manufacture. The use of a 7
point driver restraint system is strongly recommended. All mounting points of
the racing harness MUST be mounted properly in accordance with the
manufacturer’s instructions, and securely mounted to the chassis with the use
of grade 5 or better hardware.
- Window Nets certified
to SFI Spec 27.1 are highly recommended and must be mounted in accordance with
the manufacturer’s instructions and technical director’s satisfaction.
- A driveline
"sling" is REQUIRED.
- A helmet certified to
Snell SA2000, SA2005 or SA2010 Standard or SFI Spec 31.1A, 31.1/2005 or
31.1/2010 is REQUIRED.<
- A driver suit
certified to SFI Spec 3.2A/5 is REQUIRED.
- Gloves certified to
SFI Spec 3.3/5 are REQUIRED.
- Fire resistant socks
- 10. Drivers under the age of 18 are REQUIRED to have a window net, gloves, and either a neck collar or a head and neck restraint system in addition to all other required safety equipment in place.
- Head and Neck Restraint Devices/Systems are Highly
- At all times during an
Event (practice, qualifying, and competition), drivers must connect their
helmet to a head and neck restraint device/system certified to SFI Spec
38.1. The device/system must display a valid SFI Spec 38.1 label.
The head and neck restraint device/system, when connected, must conform to the
manufacturer’s mounting instructions, and must be configured, maintained and
used in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions
- It is the
responsibility of the driver, not speedway officials, to ensure that his/her
device/system is certified to SFI Spec 38.1, correctly installed, maintained,
and properly used.