Florence Speedway General Rules and Procedures
(Read these and know them! You will be expected to abide by
General Format and Procedures:
- Drivers draw at Pit Booth for Heat starting spot.
- Lineups and nightly race format posted at board by fuel tanks.
- Cars line up for hotlaps at turn 3 track entrance. Only one session per driver. Cars must hotlap with their heat race group. If they are not at the gate when their group goes out, they forfeit their hotlaps.
- Heats lined up by draw.
- Feature and Consi Lineups determined by Passing Points.(See Passing Points sheet for details)
- These procedures may be modified on certain events.
- Raceceivers are Mandatory in all Late Model, Modified, Pure Stock, and Hornet events.
- All regular show events in all divisions will have a one minute per lap time limit starting with the initial green flag. Once the time limit is passed, the race will be allowed to continue until there is a caution flag or the race is completed. If a caution occurs, the race will be given one chance at a “green-white-checkered” finish. If another caution comes out, the race will be considered completed at that point.
- If you stop on the track for any reason, you go to the tail. This includes the initial start. Stopping at an official under yellow flag conditions for certain safety reasons is allowed. (Note: If a Red Flag situation occurs, officials reserve the right to revert to previous lap or initial start.)
- After receiving the checkered flag, cars are to slow down and exit the track into the infield entrance on the backstretch. DO NOT stay in the throttle or continue around to enter the infield in turn 4.
- Anyone jumping the start will be given one warning. Second offense will result in a one row penalty.
- On the third complete, “non-jumping” restart of any race, the field may be put in single file order.
- Passing before, hitting, or going under the cone will result in offending car going to the tail of the field.
- You may enter the infield at any entrance. YOU MAY NOT RE-ENTER THE TRACK DURING GREEN FLAG CONDITIONS. You must wait till the next caution to re-enter the track.
- Under a red flag, there is no working on cars on the track. Cars will be allowed to go to infield for work. Cars not returning to the track before race returns to yellow will be put to the tail.
- If a car leaves the infield and goes to the actual pit area during any race, that car is considered out of that race and will not be allowed to return to the track or infield for that race.
- Any crews in the infield must remain in the center of the infield during any green flag laps. Officials reserve the right to black flag any cars whose crews violate this rule.
- Officials will not pull sheet metal or do any work on cars.
- Due to insurance regulations, 4 wheelers are only permitted in the pit and infield area. They are NOT allowed in the parking lots or any other areas of the track. Also, 4 wheelers may only be operated by persons 16 years of age or older.
- Double file restarts will be used on all Late Model Feature events. Procedures are as follows:
- Once under yellow, cars will be put in single file order with all lapped cars going to tail.
- Leader of the race will have the first row alone.
- Second place car will be given choice of inside or outside row. When asked, drivers should give a clear indication to the official as to which row is chosen. Track officials reserve the right to make lane choice for driver if clear indication not given.
- Third place car will go in opposite row from the second place car. Fourth place will go behind second place, fifth behind third and so on.
- Each row does NOT make their own selection. Cars attempting to go in a different row than they are assigned will be sent to the tail.
- Once single file order is correct and the field is beginning to double file, any cars coming from the pits will be put on the tail behind any lapped cars.
- Officials reserve the right to revert to single file starts if required due to time or track conditions.